From:
Donna Rulli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 1995 23:21:08 -0400
Hi,

  I have been reading the FML for a week and decided to post an email.  I
have 2 ferrets, a 1.5 year old white female named Whitney (I think I saw a
reference to the same name in the 7/25 FML), and a racoon look-alike male
named Oscar who is almost 1 year old..  Oscar is cute, dumb and very lovable,
and Whitney is smart but gets easily annoyed.  She loves to bite socks and
feet when the mood strikes her.

  I tried giving Whitney raisins the other day, because she loves people food
(cheerios, corn flakes, ice cream, whipped cream, blueberry pie, wine), but
she didn't like the effort of chewing the raisins.

  Oscar does lots of War Dances, and also breathes heavily when excited.

  Here's an interesting question for all---has anyone ever had their male
ferret catch the tip of his neutered penis on the edge of a level in a wire
cage?  Oscar was climbing down from the 3rd level of his cage one morning
when I was getting ready for work, and actually caught his stub somehow on
the edge of the level as he descended to his hammock.  He was hanging by his
tip, and screaming in pain.  Luckily I was nearby and managed to lift him
free.  What a horror that was for the little guy, but he recovered nicely...
no bleeding or anything.  For a long time I tried covering the edges with
poster adhesive, but it doesn't stay for very long and gets all dirty.
Any ideas?

Donna, Whitney and Oscar