From:
Natalie Binder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 14:22:42 -0800
I just finished reading the message posed about someone moving to CaCa land
(sorry.  I'm terrible with names), and the way we smuggle ferrets in and
out of the state reminds me of the Underground Railroad during pre-Civil
War days.

On a related note, the way ferret people come through for each other is
amazing.  We are like no other pet community in the world in the way that
we will do anything to help somebody else's pet, even when we might have
never met that person.  I don't know, maybe it's because persecuted or
threatened people band together, or perhaps people with ferrets naturally
care about other ferret more, due to ferret math.  Anyway, ferret people
are the best kind of people.