From:
Gary Holowicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 22:38:49 -0800
    Dear Lauren; (since there seems quite a bit of interest with winter
coming, I'll post this to the fml also.)

Here's my msg on the subject..

    Dear Tammy;

    I have spent 10 months in my motor home with my 8 little ones & two
cats.  It has a forced air gas furnace, but when I'm plugged in & electric
is part of the rent, I have a combination of two elect. baseboard heaters
(1500w ea.) and small forced air electrics.  As long as you can put your
hand on the units and not get a burn (it may be hot, but not like a hot pan)
they haven't had any problems.  I've seen them climb up on them, but don't
linger for long.  The best type will have two layers of metal on the top, so
the top piece is somewhat cooler than the one just above the heat element.

    I'd also check carefully for any holes where the electrical connects so
that's not a danger point.  Otherwise, just check very carefully for any
other holes there may be, like with any new environment.

    Happy Thanksgiving, Gary