Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 18:58:14 EST
Here is the letter I sent to FOX in regards to Party of Five:

December 13, 1998

To whom it may concern:

I would like to start out by saying that I love "Party of Five." I was
appalled by the 12/9 show.  I know you have gotten many responses about
this episode, but I will voice my opinion anyway.  I ask you to please read
my entire letter.

I am a ferret owner and lover.  I have five and I love then very much.

The first thing I noticed about the episode was that there was no litter
box or food in the cage.  That is nothing compared to the rest of the show.
The whole scene with the ferret was very distasteful.  No person that loves
their pet would send them to a taxidermist after they die.  That, in the
opinion of myself and many others, is sick.  This is only the beginning.
The story goes on and Claudia is told that they are predators.  This is not
at all true.  A ferret would not last more than a day outside.  They are
domestic and have no idea how to take care of themselves.  This episode has
told millions of viewers that letting a ferret into the wild is okay.
Ferrets are misunderstood enough.  This just made it worse.  I am
requesting that all of your viewers are told that the episode was wrong
and that an apology is made to ferrets, ferret lovers, and ferret owners.
I know a lot of ferret owners that watch the show.  If the error is not
corrected, we will no longer watch.  This has upset me very much.  I do
realize that your main concern is entertainment, but it is wrong to give a
loving, DOMESTIC, pet a bad name.  I want to thank you for your time in
reading this letter and I hope you correct your mistake.

Sincerely,

Heather Lobby
(Coconut, Cocoa Puff, Mischief, Chunkey, and D.J.)