From:
Candice Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 06:56:00 EDT
>C.B. (hi!) a subscriber here, donated a puzzle box to our ferrets and
>they LOVE it.  Since the puzzle pieces are larger than beans, at this
>point I don't see any dangers to having it around the ferrets.  A few of
>the pieces are carried away (outside of the box) and into a tube, but
>most stay in.  They all enjoy "swimming" and rolling around in the puzzle
>pieces.  Thanks C.B.!
>Sandi

Hi Sandi,
Brutus still likes to squiggle around in his puzzle box too.  I'm glad
your fuzzies like it.  BUT, after all we've read, we know that what is safe
for one ferret may not be for another.  I'm sure there is some ferret out
there somewhere who would eat a piece and get a blockage.  The point is,
everybody, WATCH YOUR FERRETS!  See what they do with a new toy.  And don't
assume a new ferret will do the same.

(BTW, as I recall, the original box I gave to Sandi was cardboard and
had to be replaced with plastic because some of HER group tried to eat
the box!)

cb