Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:07:08 EST
Like many shelters this time of the year, the Washington Ferret Rescue
and Shelter needs your help.  We continue getting more and more ferrets
into our shelter.  Many come with many medical problems.  Adrenal,
Insulinoma just to name a few.  This takes lots of money to help these
ferrets.  At this time the shelter has many ferrets that will be needing
Lupron and our supply is running very low.  Many of these ferrets are
old and are not candidates for surgery, therefore, they are given Lupron
injections monthly.  So if you are in the position to help just one of
the many adrenal ferrets, the shelter would appreciate any amount of
money you could provide so they will be able to get their vet to order a
bottle of Lupron for the shelter ferrets.

The Washington Ferret Rescue and Shelter is a 50l-c non profit shelter
and all money goes to take care of the many ferrets that are dropped off
at the shelter weekly.  Last Saturday over 20 ferrets came into the
shelter.  Many with medical problems.  The Washington Ferret Rescue and
Shelter is a no kill shelter, so therefore, any ferret that comes in will
get as much care as the shelter is able to provide for them.

The volunteers at this shelter give all the attention they can and many
have fosters from the shelter that they are also taking care of.  So any
help that you can give this shelter will be much appreciated.

Please go to the website and check our adoption page and the adrenal
research information out and if you live here in Washington, we would
love for you to come and visit the shelter, think about adopting or
fostering a ferrets from the shelter.  Make a hammy, snuggle bag and send
it to one of the ferrets on o ur adoption page.  If you have some talent
and can make something that the shelter can use, auction off to make
money for the shelter or for the Adrenal research fund it sure would be
appreciated

Charleen Schuster and the Washington Tails
Volunteer/foster mom for WFRS

WashingtonFerret.org