From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 12:50:12 -0400
>My next response is to Mike Janke's recommendation of going into your
>veterinarian's office and making a big stink if they refuse to see you
>with any emergency.  Of course, every clinic is different, but at my
>clinic this is how I expect things to be handled.  If we are booked full
>and someone feels that they have an emergency, they need to speak to one
>of the doctors.

Exactly the point I was trying to make.  Don't just call or walk in and
let the receptionist turn you away.  Have them get the doctor.  I think I
said that, perhaps in somewhat different words.  Your clinic may operate
differently, but not every clinic has pleasant and helpful people working
at the front counter.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club & Rescue
* A 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation
*
* Shelter web site:  http://www.miamiferret.org
* Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc