From:
Ellen Kaplan Goffin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 09:36:39 -0600
I have signed Babe up for the Ferret Fun Matches at the Chicagoland Family
Pet Show held at Arlington International Race Course on March 22.  Is anyone
else on the list planning to be there?

I am concerned about the possibility that Babe will be exposed to a ferret
who has had ECE and is still contagious.  Are my concerns founded?  Does
anyone know if any precautions are being taken at this particular event?  I
have two other older ferrets at home and am especially concerned that they
would catch it and be less able to fight it off.

On the other hand, it seems very limiting not to be able to interact with
other ferrets and ferret owners because of a possibility.  I just don't know
what the chances are of this getting around.

I have attempted to call the GCFA.  I left two messages in the last three
days and have not heard back from them.  Is anyone on the list a volunteer
there?

Thanks in advance and please note that the e-mail address below is good
through March 14 only.  Please use [log in to unmask] to respond after that.
I am resubscribing at that address to the digests as well.

Ellen & Jay Goffin <[log in to unmask]>
-----ferrets: Antony (Grandpa Tony), Lexie & Babe; rb ferret: Cleo
----------bird: Merlin; rb bird: Arthur
---------------cats: Andre & Enzo