From:
lyle kerns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 20:58:39 -0600
I just took in a two foster children, approximately 2 or 3 years old.  One
is a male bandit (Ricki) the other is a brown pawed silver mit (Spanky).
One of my many problems is the the little female (Spanky) looks really
underweight.  All skin and bones.  Her fur is course and she walks sort of
funny.  Otherwise she is full of the devil and is getting along with my two
ferrets just fine.  The previous owners which I do not think took real good
care of them said that she is a finicky eater and that they were feeding her
peanut butter, because she does not seem to like solid food.  I gave her a
good dose of "ferretvite" the high calorie vitamin concentrate, which she
seem to enjoy.  Is there anything else I should be watching for?  They were
currently being feed a different kind of dry ferret food then my two ferrets
so in order to get them all eating the same food I mixed my dry with their
dry food in order to get them adjusted to the food I buy which is 8 in 1
blend.  Is this okay?  I have only been a ferret parent for just over 1 year
so this is quite a challenge.  Also, I live in Central Michigan and I am
looking for adoption parents for these two little ones.  I am going to be
quite picky on who I chose so it anyone knows of someone that is interested
let me know.  Thanks for any help you can give.

Thanks!!!

Sherry