Date:
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 00:42:56 -0500
My little one and I ended up thrown together -- I had no preperation or
chance to really learn about ferrets before I got him (it was either pick
him up or let him die after his owner skipped town) and I have several
questions, mostly about the bad habits he picked up b.c. (before charlie):

1. Is it necessary for his health to get him to eat other than ferret
kibble?  Wikkett eats Nutriphase very well, as well as various dried, no
sugar added fruits, rice chex, cherioos, and pop tarts, but will not eat
meat of ANY kind -- canned catfood, chicken, hamburger, etc -- or much of
anything else, including ferret treats.

2. Is there a way I can get him to not crave sweets?  I know how bad sweets
are for fuzzies -- and don't feed them voluntarily, but his b.c.  diet was
primarily pizza crust, Dr. Pepper, Snickers bars and Golden Grahms cereal.
He will do ANYTHING to get to a sweet -- is there something I can replace
this with?  Currently I give him one or two pieces of dried fruit, maybe
twice a day, and a small piece of poptart one or two other times.

3. Should I give him some sort of vitamin in addition to his kibble?  He
just had his first vet visit and is very healthy.