From:
Marti Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 1996 16:58:13 -0500
Well I have found a good cheap way of ferret proofing the cabinets under the
sink, here are a few honorable mentions that all can try as I have:

1.  Stand in front of the cabinets and find many things to do with your
time, as in washing dishes, or cleaning the dirty window sill over the sink,
or cleaning the water splashed window, shine the pots till they gleam,
remove all water spots from drinking glasses, if you stand there long enough
and while gazing out the window, you can come up with many things to do
while standing there blocking the doors shut!
2.  I found that two heavy antique pickling crocks up against the doors are
wonderful blockers, gives the ferrets something to climb into to, but too
heavy to move.  But beware, you will have to stand straddled the crocks
while tending to business infront of the sink.  And uncomfortable to work
around.  But until I can get to the store and actually think of it when I am
there, the crocks just will have to do till then.

Remember the good ole days, when you left your house and was on the road,
and you wondered if you turned the iron off?  Now it is.....did I make sure
none of the ferrets slipped out the opened door as I left.  I worry about
that many times.

We have 4 ferrets, and if they see a crack in the Master bedroom door, they
all barge in there, feeling free and happy to roam all around.  Spice loves
to talk on the telephone, and we know that one got in the bedroom, when we
find the main telephone dead, we go in and there she is, just like a woman,
having a good ole time on the telephone.  We caught her this morning
listening to the pre-recorded message from the telephone co, to "Please
check the number you are calling"

We found all the ferrets but one, again it was Spice, when went to bed, but
she hid well, but I was awakened in the wee early of the morning, with the
telephone dropping on my head, and there was Spice, I assume trying to make
a call.  But least I found her!!!!  I took her to join her other sleeping
brother and sisters.

Well its been good to hear from you all, have a great day.
Marti Smith