From:
Cameleons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 03:24:24 EDT
Hello everyone,
Some of you may remember me from about a year ago when I moved out to
California and was desperately searching for a vet in LA.  I have since
gone to several, spent lots of money, and failed to find anyone who seemed
to have more knowledge of a ferret than I do (several were convinced that
the domestic ferret still lives in the wild and one told me never to scruff
a ferret as it was very painful and that I should grab her around her head
instead).

This leads me to my current problem.  My SO just noticed a small distinct
red circle (about a quarter of an inch in diameter) on Jitterbugs underside.
Inside the circle was a lighter red, giving it kind of the appearance of a
new bruise and in the direct center was a small black thing.  We thought it
was a tick and so my SO tried to pull it off, it turned out to be a scab and
she then had a drop of blood in the center of the circle.  I don't know what
this is and I am terrified.

ANY VETS OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP, PLEASE E-MAIL ME AT ONCE.
My e-mail is [log in to unmask], I don't always get the FML and would greatly
appreciate being contacted directly.  I would go to a vet out here except
for the aforementioned problem finding a ferret vet in Los Angeles.  I am
still scared the mark may be from a tick of some kind - can ferrets get Lime
disease?  She hadn't been outside in almost a year, but today we took her to
a park and it was at the end of the day when we noticed the mark.

I am desperate and very scared  and any medical advice would be greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely,

Rebecca and Jitterbug