Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:46:06 -0700
Our veterinarian called us today to warn us about an individual who
called the clinic and spoke to one of the clinic employees about their
plan to have their spay/neuter costs covered by our organization.  Their
intention is to surrender their ferrets to our society and then apply to
adopt these same ferrets knowing that we only adopt out ferrets who have
been spayed or neutered.  This individual also mentioned that if we would
not adopt to them then they had friends who were willing to go through
the adoption process for them, and who would return the ferrets to these
owners after the adoption was finalized.

So I write to the FML to remind ferret rescues of the insolent
individuals ready to take advantage of the good services we supply for
ferrets, the kind veterinarians willing to provide veterinary care at a
discount, and the rescue volunteers who go to great lengths to ensure
each and every ferret surrendered is provided with the best care
possible, and that funds are available to do so.

Shelby Kimura
Volunteer
Ferret Rescue & Education Society