From:
Dennis Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 21:39:05 -0500
I just started getting the FML about a week ago, right in the middle of the
KODO situation.  I already look forward to it each day ( even if it saddens
me greatly ), it is wonderful to see so many people who care and will go out
of the way to help others.

I think Bob C.  is right on the mark on organizing a national ferret
organization.  I think the gratest obsticle that needs to be overcome is
ignorance.  I came across this FML while surfing the web looking for more
information on ferrets.  I have owned eight ferrets over the last six years
( three who have passed over the rainbow bridge, and the five that I
currently have ), none of which I have baught.  All of my babies have come
to me from people who could not, would not, or just did not know how to care
for them.  I know quite a bit about them but still think there is more to be
known.  A national organization will have a forum to get this information
out to the general public, owners and non owners alike.  This FML does this
but unless you wade through the issues of the past ten years you only get
part of the story.  Books about ferrets are hard to come by in our little
town, and the ones I can find are just too general with the information they
do contain.  Geez we just finally had a pet store open here.

Well I will shut up for now...... I am new and long winded!!!!!

FERRET KISSES TO ALL.....

Sherill and the Kansas Kritters...
Skittles, Luna Bella, Scandle, Romeo & Juliet