From:
Gary Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 08:03:47 -0500
[Moderator's note: Part one appeared yesterday.  BIG]

Their BLANKETS AND HAMMOCKS WERE FILTHY DIRTY.  Their Nails were long and
uncut, and to say when they had there last bath was sure a question.  The
HOUSE Smelt so Bad the Kids didn't want to stay inside, and Amanda(she is
13) was in tears when she saw our Ferrets.  Amanda couldn't understand
WHY...She kept saying Mom WHY....We then went in the bedroom where Fredo was
and there was poop piled up everywhere.  Fredo was having convulsions then
every 5 Min, and Judy said he needed to be seen ASAP and have the vet work
on this Ferret to get it back non- stop.  He was dehydrated and very weak.
Now if you had seen this you would have taken your 2 Ferrets right then and
have them treated.  She was in no hurry to get him anywhere.  The cats that
were around and in her house looked VERY VERY sick and some mangy and their
Eyes were watering, It was a Very sad Sight.  I kept nudging Judy to lets
GO....All I wanted was to get our Ferrets out of there and get them some
food and water and nutrical.  When we arrived home to NC Judy stayed up till
5am wed morns to get the Ferrets back to smelling good, and also cleaned
their ears and clipped their nails.  I had then went to the farm supply and
got wire and built them another mansion that they so well deserve.  >>>

I do Believe Rascal was a Ferret of NEGLECT and his food was not given to
him as we had indicated.  He was a Pro Plan food eater NOT TF....NOT MF....
Nothing but PRO PLAN.  He was in my opnion STARVED to his Death.  Fredo was
given an Anti-Diahera Med for his Loose stools, and it had contained 5.25%
alcohol which in fact will cause seizures and will cause a Ferret to DIE.
I am sorry to say this But she should not be allowed to have ANY kind of
animal in her presence.  She tries to be a vet and that is impossible to do.
If I was you, I would check into this matter with Fredo.  Don't always
believe what you hear, you have to see it with your own eye's to know all
this, and what is happening over in Florida.  If you have any Questions
please feel free to email me, as I am only concerned with the well being of
your Ferret...And her's.... Thanks, Gary

Everyone is missing the fact that our babies have gianed back 1/4 of the
weight they have lost.  If they had ECE they wouldn't have gained it back
plus they would have had more than TWO loose stools since they have been
home.#1 Why did the other 7 ferrets loose 1/2 of their body weight?#2 Why
if the food that was being feed to them was Pro Plan why was their ONLY
Tottally Ferret mixed with Marshall farms the only thing in the cage no
other bowel in there?  Only two of them eat TF #3 When the Vet was called he
had said he NEVER saw any other ferret but Fredo and Shamless?#4 Rascal was
the only one of mine who didn't have his distemper shot.  Due to him having
surgury recently vet said to wait til after he was on his feet first.#5
Sammy's hair is growing back from where he had to jump out of the top of the
cage to get out and all his hair was broken off.#6 Also Sneezy has black
heads on his tail which he had never had before.#7 These guys have slept,
Ate ,poop and drank for non stop for 4 days.  They have just NOW started
having alittle bit of a playtime.#8 Had sneezy had stayed for 3 more days he
would have been the next one to die.  His eyes were half shut and his ribs
were sticking out and he looked very week.#9 Rascal was suppose to be seen
by the vet.  Both vets listed were called and NEVER seen Rascal