From:
Robin Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:19:43 EST
I have to tell you all what happened yesterday.  You all know that I have
always had old ferrets.  I love my oldies.  But a little over a year ago
I got Petey.  He was about 8 months old and had been found wandering the
streets.  He was a full male, that's how he got his name, Stinky Pete.
Never have I ever smelled a riper full male.  Whew!  We had him fixed and
as soon as the hormones settled down I brought him home.  I put him in a
big 4 story cage (that CJ gave me at the Symposium just so I could take
Petey) with Missy P (9) and Rosie (6).  From day one he has so sweet with
my oldies.  He has never overwhelmed them or been aggressive with them.
I have to tell you Missy P is 9 years old.  She is bald, blind, has
both adrenal and insulinoma, And this last year she has gotten VERY
senile.  She has tons on senior moments.  Rosie is the only one young
enough to get out and all out play and they tear the house down playing,
But when she is done, he is so gentle with her.=20And with Missy P he is
a true caretaker.  Now that I have rambled, I can tell you my story.

3 of my friends came over yesterday.  We were all standing here talking,
and one of my friends said, "Oh my God look at that!"  We looked at the
cage and Petey and Missy P were on the bottom of the cage.  Missy P went
to walk up the ramp to the next level (she is very feeble) Petey went
over and pushed her against the side of the cage and helped her up the
ramp until she got to the top.  Then he came back down.  My friend was
dumb founded.  She said I would have never believed that if I hadn't
seen it.  That's my Petey, Gail Elsey said it best, " What a gentleman,
he helps little old ladies up ramps."

A very proud Mom,
Robin