From:
paul tessicini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Aug 2005 09:41:13 -0400
>From: Anthony Orlando <[log in to unmask]>>

Rebecca and Anthony

1. Rebecca, why is your letter coming from Anthony's email address and
not your own?  Did you register with FML?

2. This is the first I've heard of you or your shelter.  Why didn't you
contact me yourself?

3. My message from Anthony reads: Offer from Anthonycorlando Positive
feedback 90.9% Member since: Jan 28 -02 US Buyer Message: "We already
have this same setup and wish to expand for more ferrets.  If you don't
sell this we'll take it for $100.  We'll be visiting my sis in Waldorf
MD next week."  Offer declined.

4. Anthony did send me links to several shelters and I've looked into
all of them.

5. Anthony said: "we really cannot take the ferrets.  we need ferrets
as babies to properly train them... but those two ferret rescues in MD
should be able to help find them new homes:" -- Doesn't change the fact
that I didn't want the $100 for the supplies.

6. Never received any emails from anyone named Rebecca that I can find
in my full "ferret email" folder.  Nice offers for help from Angela,
Elise, Jules, Shannon, Marie, Lynne, Deborah, Star city, Erinne.....to
name a few...no Rebeccas.  OH AND BY THE WAY TO ALL OF YOU WHOM I JUST
MENTIONED - I'D LIKE TO THANK YOU ALL PUBLICLY FOR YOUR KINDNESS AND
YOUR HELPING HAND!

7. Free supplies.  Well, of course I'd give the supplies for free to
whomever takes the ferrets...pretty silly to ass ume otherwise.

8. Sounds like a nice set up with the indoor outdoor pen...first I've
heard of it though.  I understand that adjusting to a new home is
stressful on the ferrets.  Adjusting is however, a part of life that we
all have to deal with.  You say you feel guilty that they will have to
it better now.  These ferrets are going to have to adjust twice.  Nice
of you to say that if the sailors die you'll keep them as your own.  It
would be a terrible thing for them to have to adjust a third time.

9. Responding to the health question: Rebecca, if you are writing to me
as you state...have nothing from you in my file.  I still have no idea
who you are.  Anthony wrote: "Are they sick?  old?" and "you can buy this
stuff new for $360 your price is too high" I responded as follows: "No
medical conditions.  Farah is the youngest and the one who is not house
trained.  She is 1.5 - Jack and Reds are really terrific - housetrained
and playful - Jack is the oldest 4 and Reds is 3.  As for the price, we
do accept best offers.

10. You DID say: "Who wants to pay $299 for the "privilege" of taking in
these folks discarded pets?!"  Why would anyone pay you $300 for used
supplies they could buy new for $350?  You seem more concerned with
"recouping money" than finding these ferts a good home.  Rebecca - I
still don't know you and have only seen email from Anthony...but I still
think that this was a PRETTY DUMB THING TO SAY.  Where are the sailors
families?  Why didn't they care for the pets?  If the sailors die does
that make the pets discarded?

11. You're saying that I'm TOSSING THEM OUT!  Again, another pretty
dumb thing to say.  I think the simple fact that I'm wasting my time
responding to comment like yours shows that I am making more than every
effort to have them well taken care of ... I've investigated every
shelter, returned every email and phone call and declined more offers
than I can count, that includes the free to good home offers where I
wasn't convinced that the home was good enough.

12. You say that it is obvious to you that I declined your offer because
you wouldn't pay me.  THAT IS THE DUMBEST THING SAID SO FAR!  Who are
you, when did REBECCA make me an offer?  Did I meet you?  Did I see your
shelter in person?  Did I meet the sailors ferrets?  Like I said: WHO ARE
YOU?  OF COURSE I DIDN'T ACCEPT YOUR PHANTOM OFFER...WE'VE NEVER MET!

13. You say you are sorry I wouldn't call resources who would make
calls... Who are you?  Maybe when we didn't meet after you gave me this
offer to house my ferrets in your Disneyland indoor outdoor pen....I
should have showed you the list of wonderful FML people with whom I've
spoken.

14. I'm not lying to make myself look better...I'm just sitting here
wondering who you are?

15. Martyr act?  Ashamed?  My ferrets aren't getting hurt.  I'm
protecting them from people whom I don't know.

Make it a great day... Anthony or Rebecca...

Lisa

[P.S.]
I would like to add to my list of Thanks: Wendy, Weasel Queen and
Sukie.... Very important and friendly FML members...for all of your
kind support and assistance!