From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:10:21 -0400
On a related topic of how states can reduce harm to pets: over 1/3 of
the states in the U.S. have Pet Lemon Laws which are geared toward
keeping pet store, farm, and breeder animals healthy.

Further info:
http://www.avma.org/onlnews/javma/mar08/080301r.asp
http://www.avma.org/advocacy/state/issues/pet_lemon_laws.asp

and for those who wonder after reading my post today on NJ FG&W an
all of the good work it does: no, the pet store never did reimburse
us for vet costs but that was not what was important to us so we did
not pursue it though we could have done so.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links:
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html