From:
Nancy Farlow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 14:01:17 -0500
>From:    Marc Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: The Tres Amigos greet winter's coming
>I finally had to do it ... bring the plants inside from their summer home
>on the balcony.  And the Tres Amigos greeted this annual sign of the coming
>of winter by, you guessed it, digging in not one, not two, but three of the
>plants!  I think I had more dirt on the rug than in the pots!

Marc,

You're lucky you don't have my crew; they don't rest until there is *no*
dirt and *no plant* left in the pot!  Until a few days ago, I had a
beautiful Christmas cactus that was just opening its delicate pink and white
blossoms, an event I've been looking forward to since I first noticed the
tiny buds.  No more!  One of my little monsters got up on the credenza next
to my desk (I still can't figure out how he got up there), excavated four
plants completely (including that poor Christmas cactus), and then tracked
dirt EVERYWHERE!  All over my desk, books, computer, printer, copy machine -
everywhere!!!!!  If he wasn't so doggone cute, he'd be dead!  ;)

Nancy