From:
Barbara Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 12:27:57 EDT
>I have a ferret that has 2- tattoos on his toes on the same foot.  Why
>does Marshalls put tattoos on some ferrets feet and not on others, I
>remember someone did answer this question before but I forgot what the
>answer was!

We live about 2 hours away from Marshall Farms.  My vet actually took
a tour...something they don't normally allow many people to do.  He
explained the tattooing on the feet as the individual tech who cared
for the jill and her babies.  It identifies in the case there's ever a
problem.  It difficult to find those toe tattoos a lot of time especially
on dark sables.  Whites and the lighter colors, it's a bit easier.  They
all have the tattoo.

Barb and her 6 whirling dervishes...Hope, Cher, Jake, Kate, Sam and Tess