From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 14:01:28 -0500
Fernando is a sweet 5 yr old boy that recently lost his companion and his
home.  Fernando is very weak, anemic, and walks a couple steps before
laying down and resting.  His vet appt was on Friday, complete with
sonagram.  Fernando has a huge growth in his abdomen with a blood supply
flow that appears larger than the vena cava flow.  We are out of options
for this sweet sweet boy and surgery is scheduled for Friday.  Fernando
will only have been with us for 3 weeks but he's not getting better and
it's breaking my heart to watch him struggle so surgery is our only
option.  That growth will continue to steal his precious life's blood
as long as it is in him.  Our only hope is that our vet will be able to
remove it safely and Fernando will be with us for many more years.  Our
vet had to rearrange his schedule to accomodate my request that the
surgery be done on a day he would be on call and available.  He didn't
hesitate a bit to do so.  This shows a bit of how much he cares for
these precious little beings.

Larry's birthday is on August 26.  Last year I requested that people said
cards to him and he was absolutely tickled about the cards he received.
I would like to request that cards are sent this year too.  It's a small
way that we can all show our appreciation.  It's not too early to send a
card so if you are inclined, please send to:

Dr. Larry Snyder
University Small Animal Clinic
2619 SW 17th
Topeka  KS  66604

Please keep Fernando in your thoughts for a successful surgery.

My condolences to all who have lost precious little one.  It's been quite
a time here and I've had to eliminate some things so I've not been able
to send condolences, but please know that I do think of each and every
little one that leaves us, and their caretakers.

hugs. tle
Ms. Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services
http://www.ferretfamilyservices.org