From:
outlawdook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Nov 1998 12:13:39 -0800
If I found out that any of my friends or neighbors had smuggled their
pets through customs I would have absolutely no qualms about reporting
them.

Kayes response to Shelly, my response to Kaye - Not to be out of line or
hurt feelings, but , Kaye you would have no friends in California for that
statement.  You have offended me and all of Californians who have to
smuggle our ferrets in or any other pet that California DFG calls wild.
Even African Pygmy Hedgehogs, Sugar Gliders, are illegal just to mention a
couple.  In the US there is rabies and distemper and other diseases
prevalent.  I do not think a responsible pet owner would knowingly bring
into California any beloved pet with such diseases.  But even if it did
happen, most people who love their pets as family will be protected,
because they were responsible enough to see vacs are up to date, and locate
a vet as soon as they are in this state.  I sure would NOT turn in any of
my FRIENDS, but convince them of the hazards of not protecting their pets
against diseases.

OutlawDook