Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:58:14 -0600
To all you ferret mommies and daddies,

This is me, little Fang, wanting to thank everyone who wrote to my Mom
about me and my yukky tumor in my liver.  You made her feel better, and
yesterday she didn't even cry.  (well, a little bit when she went wuz goin'
to sleep).  I wanted to crawl up on the bed and give her a kiss, but I
can't anymore; they took my pillow ladder away, so I can't fall off the
bed and get more owies.  I have been home from the vets for three days...
the first day, Mommy and Daddy gave me one of those gravity thingies with
the butterfly needle to put fluid in me.  Boy, did I give 'em some early
Christmas presents: a puddle here and a puddle there.  Mommy said she
didn't mind, cuz this iz my last Christmas, and I can piddle wherever I
want.  Usually, I am a good hitter at the litterboxes, but sometimes, now,
I just get close.  Mom put paper towels down to replace the litter, cuz
she says it iz easier for me with all my stitches.

Mom didn't hear too good what the vet was trying to tell her was wrong with
me (after he sewed me back up).  The tears that were comin' outta her soul
sort of plugged her ears.  He had to explain my owies to her when he called
the next day to see how I wuz feeling.  (yukky at the time).  I guess my
tumor isn't wrapped around my liver, but encased all through it.  Last
year, when I almost bled to death with my pancreatectomy and right adrenal
surgery, a teeny piece of my liver was sent to the lab.  The people said
that it wuzn't cancerous, just nutmeggy lookin.(and yukky).  Guess that
nutmeg stuff grew up to be a big cancerous tumor after all.(even more
yukky).

My little weenie izn't hurting when I whiz, but my remaining adrenal iz a
bit larger than it should be.  If my prostate gland swells more, they'll
gimme a shot or somethin'.  The reel truth iz, I heard the doc say I won't
be around long enough for that.  The vet (he is cool, and has always luved
me, iz a good ferret doc) told my Mommy and Daddy a month would be on the
long side.  The first two days after we got home, whenever I cried, Mommy
would pick me up and rock me close on her shoulder.  (She cuddles me close
to her neck and it's my favorite place in the whole world).  She cried with
me, and it made the hurt git better, cuz we shared it.

Every day now, Mommy tells me about the Bridge.  She sez she wants to make
sure I know, so I am not afraid.  She's gonna keep my ashes on the dresser,
and my soul will go to that happy place she tells me about..  She even gave
me an early Christmas present, something I wuz SO happy to get!  That red
licorice they had to take away when I got that insulinoma stuff!  (that
other yukky thing) The doc sez that it duzn't matter now; that nothin'
matters but my happiness.  The licorice bag wuz in my stocking, but she
took it out early, just in case I gotta go before Christmas.

Mommy once wrote a poem that I wuz a blessing, and peeple say that God
sends us fuzzies to our families to teach them about total unconditional
love.  I guess it worked in my house, cuz God sez I did a good job, and
soon it will be time to go with him to the Bridge.  (I'm gonna start
packin' my stuff that's under the bed) I wanted to tell you all how much
my Mom luvs you guys.  She sez there izn't a better group of people, cuz
you know about the special love thing.  Becuz of you teachin' her all the
stuff she's learned, I lived another whole year than I wooda.

love from my whole self, (all my good parts and owie parts),
little Fang.