Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 23:30:47 -0500
There's so many of you I still need to thank.  Especially to the IFC...
the generator came Saturday!!  And the fire extinguisher and smoke
detector. :)  ACE Hardware even threw in a heavy duty extension cord and
didn't charge to deliver.  I can't begin to tell you what a relief it is
to have it here and that I'll be able to protect the kids next season if
it's anything like this one.  Thankfully, today is the last day of
hurricane season although we've had some gorgeous weather the past month
and little rain.  The stress, panic and fear I felt with worry over the
kids in case of a power loss or major damage was passed along to the kids
I'm sure.  I've lost a couple that I feel should still be here and a
couple more guys have developed health issues.  Having the generator here
is the biggest stress relief for all of us!  It was really sad to see how
the kids picked up on my stress.  I know they had no understanding of why
their cages were all pushed together and covered for long periods for
Frances and all the craziness of preparing for both Frances and Jeanne.

As for as the status of repairs, well, nothing is done...you just can't
get contractors out.  One that came out over a month ago did a couple of
temporary patches but fortunately we haven't had any heavy rains, so far,
and my bedroom ceiling is still dry. :)  The insurance company isn't
going to cover any mildew except the porch ceiling and it's still
spreading on the house and the studio.  Even my car is really bad now but
it's on it's last wheels anyhow.  I hadn't seen any mildew in the house
but did find some in the studio.  I can smell it in the utility room but
haven't seen it yet.  I've requested another inspection from the
insurance company, they have to do something about the mildew.

I had asked a few of you to send me your snail mail addresses.  The
computer crashed so I've lost most of them.  Would you please resend?  I
mailed a few thank you cards last Wed.  but so far, I know a few have not
arrived.  Please let me know if you get a envelope.  Still have more to
get out so please bear with me.  Between the kids, the phone and people
coming in, I don't get many extras done.  :) I'm hoping to be able to get
some things on eBay soon to help bring funds in but they were/are
Christmas items I want to make.  I feel I'm running out of time to get
anything made and up on eBay.  Hopefully next week.

All in all, things are the normal chaos here with nursing the sick kids,
lots of cuddling and the joy of playing with the babies.  The warmth and
generosity of IFC and the FML truly helped us so much, in many ways.
Thank you, hugs and dooks!!!!

Jackie