Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 08:35:40 -0800
It's Friday, Valentine's Day.  Whoop de do.  This day has very little
meaning to me this year ( so far ) and I have settled very comfortably
into my official position as Valentine Grinch.  All of you candy buying
love gushers beware.  This fallen cupid's arrow is loaded.  Keep your
distance.  Due to the never ending hassles of all computers within a 3
mile radius, I am late getting my cards out....and I'm sicker than 9
modingers.  No, I don't know what a modinger is.  It's a cute little quip
used by an old friend of mine that I thought was rather amusing......and
no, she doesn't know what a modinger is either.  This is not any ordinary
cold or flu.  It's one of those Tylenol Sinus, Echinacea, Goldenseal,
Flaxseed popping with a Nyquil, Theraflu chaser bugs.  Yes, the grinch's
head grew five sizes that day.  After spending five minutes at the
Walmart photo counter I come to the conclusion that every Walmart
employee should be paid double today.  After all, they are dealing with
the most dangerous of all shopping crowds.  Today they face, unarmed, a
clientele mish mosh of last minute shoppers looking for whatever heart
shaped ting tinglers and bong bonglers that lurk upon the shelf, dusty,
alone doomed to be marked down for quick sale tomorrow, a streaming hoard
of panicked media mongers scarfing the last roll of duct tape in order
to lull themselves into the false sense of security one receives from
covering their house in plastic....(biological terrorist attacks you
know...one can't be too careful).

AND, if that's not enough, we are expecting a snow storm comparable
to the blizzard of 96, so you can bet that the milk and toilet paper
department was filled with every living being, car driving age and up,
stocking up as if they were squirrels gathering nuts.  And where is the
one place you can fill every one of these needs?  WalMart.  I wouldn't
have been a WalMart employee on friday to save my soul from the devil
himself.

I am taking great comfort in the fact that in the photo department I am
safe from any imminent danger these crazed shoppers may pose.  I am safe
here, harassing my good buddy in the photo department who goes above and
beyond the call of duty helping me accomplish my task of preparing my
Valentine Day cards.  Two trips to Walmart (with a pit stop in the drug
section), I am done with very little improvement on my Valentine mood.  I
drag home determined that I am not setting one foot outside my door until
I am feeling human (mentally and physically) again.  Then what to my
wondering eyes appear?  A mailbox full of Valentine greetings.  Cute
little stickers from Gillian, a heart magnet from Linda & the kids, a
toy, chocolates and a scrapbook from Sara.  Then as I sat nursing myself
back to health, a tiny head appeared over the edge of the coffee table
attempting once again to steal some chocolates.  Seeing that they were
heavily guarded this time, her eyes shifted to the toy Sara sent.  "Yes
baby doll, that's something you CAN have."  That said, two little paws
reached up, grabbed the prize with both hands tossing the toy into her
mouth for safe keeping and bolted head over furry butt to a hidey
hole.

This day isn't always about lovers and candy.  Thanks to the card
exchange and my lovey fuzz butts, Valentine's Day came after all and
the grinch's heart grew to match the size of her mucous filled head.
Hope everyone had a Valentine's day as wonderful as I did.

Fuzzy Hugs from Kim and da kids at Somethin Up My Sleeve Rescue
Ask me how you can virtually eliminate the need for veterinary dental
visits.