From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 13:20:39 -0700
Using the basic 'hot air rises, cold air settles' theory, if your quarters
are not air conditioned, or if you suddenly lose power, placing the ferrets
cages directly on the floor will put them where it is the coolest.  Keep
the lights off, the windows covered, and don't run any heat producing
(irons, dryers, ovens) appliances.

At our house damp towels are used under the litter pans and in the corners
the litter pan disdaners frequent, and on our 99 degree day Thursday, I
came home to find ferrets laying on the towels, even though the a/c's were
doing their darnest to cope.

Georgia - the left coast one...