From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 17:36:40 -0400
Hi All,
Last week there was a brief post about a ferret (Quizno) in Arkansas
that had been abused and burned before being rescued.  I have had a very
hectic week, and have not been keeping up to date on reading my FMLs, so
I don't know how much (if any) discussion of this case there has been.
However, I would urge anyone who has not visited the website set up to
tell this story to do so.  And, if you visited it several days ago, you
may want to check back, as it is being updated daily with new
information.  For those who are interested, here is the URL:

        http://www.avantgardesolutions.net/quizno/index.html

The site not only tells Quizno's story, but also explains how people who
want to can help.

People who live in the Little Rock area can show there support for Kelly
and Quizno by attending the court hearing on June 11.  As Kelly points
out on the website, though, people should not attend unless they can
control their emotions.  It will not help the case if people make a
scene or are disruptive during the proceedings.  Hopefully, justice
will prevail, and the couple that abused Quizno will receive a harsh
punishment.

Another way people can help is through donations to help pay for Quizno's
medical bills.  There is a possibility that the expenses will be covered,
and if that happens, any donations will be refunded.  Kelly is not
looking to profit from Quizno's misfortune.

Finally, I want to commend both Kelly and Shannon.  Kelly is the person
who rescued Quizno, and will be giving her a home where she will be
treasured.  Kelly did this at the risk of losing her job (although her
job is no longer in jeopardy).  Shannon is the person who got the website
set up to get the word out about Quizno, and who is helping Kelly by
coordinating efforts to raise funds to pay the bills.  Both these
woman deserve kudos for their efforts, and for their love of animals.
Additionally, everyone who has contributed to Quizno's fund deserves a
big thank you.

Once again, the ferret community has proven what people can do when they
care..

--
Danee
ADV - If your ferret hasn't been tested, you don't know!