Subject:
[log in to unmask] THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!
From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 1995 21:05:59 -0700
Hi Guys,
I wanted to thank the lady from ANTSLOVE for telling everyone about the
ferret food she found.  I wrote her and she provided me w/what info. she
could.  Let me right away give you some info. you will need if you find this
of interest.  The maker of the food was Purina Mills @ 1-800-227-8941.  The
name of the food is Lab Ferret Diet #5280.  To me this stuff sounds like a
dream come true!!!!!
Specifics are;
Crude Protein Content :  %40
Quantity Offered :  50 lb. bags
*****Price*****  :  $25.85    ( in my area at least) (I know, JAW DROP)
Something I really like about this is since it is made for laboratories  it
falls under some guidelines for quality and one is that it MUST be 100%
bacteria free.  In order to get true lab results these animals must be fed a
top quality diet and everything done to try for optimal health unless of
course they are the ones introducing bacteria or germs or something.  I hate
the idea of our fuzzy friends being used for laboratory testing and it makes
me cry to think of it but I doubt we will ever stop this practice so why not
at least take advantage of it to provide for all OUR fuzzies.....   To be
able to buy the highest quality ferret food for 50 cents a pound astounds me
to say the least and I have two bags ordered today to arrive in about 10
days.  I called the Purina Mills Co. and they gave me ALL the feed stores in
my area that can order it in for me.  Not a very far drive and besides the
two I went to even had free food samples for my dogs and kitten chow samples
for the ferrets and the 2nd one was giving away these BIG bags of dog treats
made of chicken & rice or lamb & rice that usually sell for $2.00 a bag.
They actually let me take 5 bags w/me today!!!!!  I had never heard of this
food before Dear ANTSLOVE took the time to tell us all about it and I had
never even researched the feed stores in my area other than the one that
sold us some of our ferrets!  Once again proving that Knowledge Is
Power!!!!!  Well that's it folks, hope you are all as thrilled about this as
I am.  Heck, you might even mention my name when you call Purina Mills and
maybe they'll send me free ferret chow for referring customers!!!!!
(Certainly not a serious request here unless you would really like to) I'll
pass on any other wonderful things I find in the future too and I'm writing
another posting after this called "All You And Your Ferrets Could Ever Want"
that tells you how to get some fantastic stuff I just got today!!!!!!
BYE!!!!  Kelleen, David and the INSANE Animal House!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Moderator's note: Don't automatically assume this is the best for your
fuzzie!  Labs have their own special needs.  For one, 40% protein is
quite high.  And just where is this protein from, anyhow?  BIG]