From:
Michelle Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 02:31:02 -0600
In light of all that has happened, I want to be sure to thank everyone who
offered advice and more to help me rescue the ferret in the pet store.  I
appreciate it so much.  You will never know how much all of your efforts
mean to me.

I was looking to buy yet another gigantic cage, and I am now boycotting
indian nations pet store due to their lack of love and care in treatment of
their animals.  I wont be buying a cage from them.  If anyone else is in the
Okc area, I wouldn't recomend going their for pets or pet products.  I did
however find a great place here in Okc called Cages plus.  They dont sell
many animals, just a few exotic birds.  They build custom cages and their
prices are just as good as any other place, plus you get the benefit of
putting your two cents in on how you want it to look.  They also carry a
line of ferret supplies and toys.  These folks are truly great.  From now on
if I need ferret food or supplies, I will go to Cages plus or petsmart.  No
more local yocal pet stores for me.  The question I have is this, can just
any old pet store sell a ferret that is just brought in buy a owner without
some type of quaranteen or vet check?  Someone once told me that in
Oklahoma, it was illeagal to sell unaltered ferrets to the general public
anyways.  Any of heard of that?  Also, On ferrets escaping.  We have a
complete ferret proof house, but we are moving this week to a new home.  I
dont know how much it will take to fert proof it, but it did give me an
idea.  At our local petsmart, there is a vending machine type thing where
you can have a custom ID tag made for your pets collar.  I was thinking of
doing this for my babies and attaching it to their harnesses.  My Gypsy will
wear his harness for days on end, as he will also wear his jewled collar.
He has no problems with it.  But my girl has yet to wear a harness or
collar, and as goofy as she is I am afraid of her getting it caught on
somthing.  Has anyone else kept collars or harnesses on their ferts full
time?  It would make me feel better if they had visible ID on in case they
ever do slip out.

Well thanks
Michelle