From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 10:42:29 -0500
After owning ferrets for eight months, I've finally figured out why their
behavior is so familiar (OK, so I'm a little slow).  From 1991-1994 there
was a television series called Dinosaurs, produced by Disney/Michael
Jacobs/Jim Henson Productions.  The characters were puppets and actors in
full body costumes.  To those who remember it, think of your ferrets and the
way that they behave.

Then think about the baby dinosaur in the series.

"Gotta love me!  Gotta love me!"

"I'm gonna bite you now!"

The real capper was when Angel my velicoweasel wanted to play and would not
take no for an answer.  She kept leaping on my legs, grabbing me with her
front legs and biting to try to make me play.  I kept detaching her from my
leg, and finally I got to the point where I was pulling her off and sliding
her across the hardwood floor away from me.  She kept dooking and dancing
and coming back for more.  I was suddenly hit with deju vu.

Remember the Mating Dance episode in the series, when the baby was sitting
on Earl's shoulders, and hitting him on the head with a pan?

"Not the Mommy!  Not the Mommy!  Not the Mommy!"  chanted the baby.

"If you do that one more time, I'm going to throw you across the room."
warned Earl.

The baby considered this for 2 seconds.  "NOT THE MOMMEEE!" WHAM!!!

As Earl threw him across the room, he shouted "WHEE!"; and then he hit the
wall and slid down the wall to the floor.  He sat there dazed for 5 seconds.
Then he got a big smile on his face and shouted "AGAIN!"

I would not be suprised if one of the writers of the show owned a ferret.
How about it?  Anybody know?

Melodyt and the four fuzzbutts