Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 1994 13:20:49 -0500
I had to reformat this one too.  When you get 80 columns, you
really use 80 columns :)

> ---------------------------------------
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Date:   Wed, 9 Feb 1994 15:31:11 -0500
>
> Dear Lenny,  Careful, with your namesakes' fangs, please!
> A veterinary exam isn't just giving sticks (to quote).
> There's also the incredibly important full exam (heart, eyes,
> lungs, liver, spleen, nodes, genitalia, parasites, teeth,
> etc.) which is essential to your critter's health, as well as
> blood tests for older animals and those about whom there are
> questions, tests here and there of other ferret products, rx
> support, and so on.

Sukie, I agree with you. Please re-read my posting.
I said this in answer to one of Dr. W's questions.
I am not advocating avoiding the vet.
Far from it, I say find a good one. One who is not only good
with ferrets, but good with people.  The way our vet handled
our emotions when we had to euthanize Cooper made all the
difference in to world to me.  I know firsthand what happens
when you have a lame vet, or you wait a little to long to go to
one or both.

My objections are to the insane markup on injections.  Thats it.
Nothing else.

This is probably a bad analogy, but I could change
my car's oil if I wanted to, but I let my mechanic to the tune-ups,
diagnostic work, and big repairs.

Incedentally, I got some hate mail telling me that if
I didn't know what all the abbreviations for all the
different ways you could do injections were, than I better
"leave it to the vets".

[ deletia ]
Lenny.
--
    Leonard A. Jaffe - [log in to unmask] - My heart is a flower
          All at once there's a fat guy in a clown suit...