Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 09:49:50 -0800
Two days ago, Michelle wrote:

>However, he has this one odd little habit.  While we're in bed (the ferrets
>live in our bedroom), usually in the middle of the night while we're
>sleeping, he'll climb up the tube to our bed, bite the nearest available
>foot/ankle/toe/calf (usually mine as my legs are closer to the tube)
>viciously hard, and then run like hell.

Oh yes indeedy.  This is Cully's behavior to a T.  I've had him for over two
years and he's still doing it.  Bitter Apple before bed can help, but I get
sick of the smell of it, and the little twerp is clever enough to sniff
around for a part of foot or ankle that I missed and chomp there.  I can
usually tell when he's about to deliver a chomp, because he'll sniff around
my feet, gradually drawing his body over them and arching up his neck right
before the chomp.  If I'm awake, I'll stop him right before he can bite, and
that's usually enough to derail that train of thought in his brain.  There
have been some early mornings where he's been remorseless, though.  I don't
think there is any reason, at least none that makes sense to human beings,
although I'm sure there's some perfectly logical explanation for it in their
furry little heads...

Regina ("OW!")
Cully ("i forgot it was your foot.  i was sure it was a rabbit.  i think
i'd better check again just to be sure...")
Amelia (zzzzz)

--
Regina Harrison
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083