From:
Andrea Mercado <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 12:37:10 -0400
i have the luxury of having one of each, so i don't really hafta
decide. ;)

i haven't owned many ferrets in my time.  we started out with lu an gabe,
a girl and a boy, and added tiki, a girl, as a foster for 5 years, but
that's been it.  lu tried to play (very nicely) with tiki, but she was
from a single-ferret neglect situation, so she didn't understand who this
fuzzy thing was following her and what she wanted.  they had more success
cuddling.

i have seen and worked with ferrets in shelters, and in my experience,
i'm honestly not as partial to gender as i am to personality.  i think
if we got more ferrets, that would be my #2 reason for adopting, my #1
reason being that there are plenty of fuzzies that need homes.  when you
adopt, the shelter can help you find the right fert for you.  that's way
cool.

either way, for now i don't hafta choose.  i love them both! :)

andrea and the somerville dynamic duo, lucy and gabe