From:
Heather Giuliano <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:32:24 EST
I'm writing to ask if anyone has seen or uses ferret food called Hartz
Bonanza for Ferrets.  I was shopping in Price Chopper yesterday and I was
looking for hamster food and I noticed the ferret food right next to it.
I'm not planning on buying it, because I thought it would be bad for my
fuzzies, they love their Totally Ferret, and because I was always under
the impression that ferrets couldn't digest too much vegetable matter (or
something along those lines).  I wrote down the first few ingredients
in case anyone was curious: Kibbled corn, fish meal, poultry meal, soy
flour, spray dried animal blood, feeding oat meal, wheat middlings, cane
molasses, ground corn, dried plain beet pulp, pork fat (preserved with
BHA/BHT), raisins, ground wheat...

I don't know, but it just doesn't seem too good for fuzzies to eat, or
maybe I'm misinformed.  It seems to me more like hamster food with some
meat added to it.

Heather, and fuzzbutts Arwen and Gizmo