From:
Chana Rosen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 00:14:42 EDT
I'm sure you've already thought of this, but just in case you haven't, I'll
remind you: Report this pet store to the ASPCA in your area, the Dept. of
Fish & Game, or whatever authority covers pet shops.

I don't know how effective it is to purchase pets from a store in order to
"rescue" them...all that does is allow the pet store to profit, which of
course was their point to begin with.  So, with that done, they use the
profit to buy MORE ferrets, etc., and subject them to the same treatment.

The only way to make a change is to hit them in their pocketbook, which is
all that matters to people like that...boycott the store, get other people
to boycott it, and start a lawsuit against them, and hopefully get them
fined heavily from the authorities that oversee this kind of thing.

Poor, poor creatures.  I wish they had voices, so they could testify
against the perpatrators of this cruelty.

Chana