From:
SHAMROCK MCNEILL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 1996 08:36:11 -0600
Hello all.

Saturday at a small renfest i saw the most beautiful ferret.  I have never
seen one this color.  She had no mask and was a solid light honey-brown all
over with a few black guard hairs near her hips and on her tail.  Her
undercoat and the rest of her guard hairs were the same even light honey
color.  Her owner called her "gold" but i have never heard of a gold ferret.
I would think of her as a butterscotch, but none of the "butterscotch"
pictures i have seen had this even color tone.  Honestly, she looked like a
DEW pattern that had been dipped in honey.  Does anyone have any idea what
this color could be?  He says she has been the same color since she was a
kit (he bred her) and she came out of a sterling silver by a cinnamon.
Unfortunately, she also has a very badly twisted face :{.  She is in heat
and he wants to breed her...  the color is incredible, but due to the face i
told him it didn't seem like a good idea to me...  am i wrong?

Also, a friend of mine brought over her new ferret last night...  she wanted
to know if i thought it was a cinnamon.  Now this little girl looks nothing
like my cinnamon, but she is very pretty.  She looks like a medium sable,
but with a slight purplish cast to her undercoat in strong light.  Could
this be one of the "mauve" ferrets that were recently discussed on
alt.pet.ferrets?

i've gotta get the color poster....

thanks for any help in id-ing these colors...

val

                       "Shamrock"
[log in to unmask]        Valeriane Luke McNeill
Biology major/CS minor          Marine Biology/Zoology