From:
Grace Sylvan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 1995 12:46:00 PDT
Well, I'm not a vet, but I did get a young ferret from a pet store who did
not recognize dry food or moist cat food (yeah, I now know it was garbage,
but back then I fed it to my ferts) as food.  He was used to dry food
moistened with water.  Have you tried that, and/or canned cat food...
without knowing what he was being fed before, it's hard to guess if the food
is the problem.  Whenever my guys got sick, we'd hand feed them water
moistened kitten chow, we never had one totally refusing food, not if hand
fed.  Does he drink water on his own?

-- Tigger, who hopes ferrets will become legal in CA *soon*