Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:17:39 -0400
Ok, I have this problem year round becuase I live in NW Florida and in
the country.  This is what I do, year round, to control fleas.

First treat and remove ferrets from the house.  I use Advantage drops on
the back of the neck.  (I usually give them a good bath with baby shampoo
first, but it's not really nessasary)

Next remove everything from the cage and play area and wash in hot water.

After all that, vacuum/sweep entire house thoroughly.  Get the best bug
bombs you can afford (I use Bengal for fleas)and bomb the house,
following directions on the box.  Sweep/vacuum again, then scrub the play
area and replace cage stuff (hammies, etc) with clean.  Do this all over
again in 2 weeks, and again in 2 more weeks.  This is to get all the
eggs.

I do this whole thing once at the beginning of flea season, or if I see
a flea.  Then I bomb and treat for fleas every 3 months afterwards.  It
works like a charm, every time.  The trick is to retreat after two weeks
to get the eggs.  Just make sure that you take the ferrets, and thier
"stuff" out of the house while you bomb.  It can kill them very quickly.

Hope this helps,
Shelley