From:
Jennifer Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 09:50:58 -0400
Okay, never said I did not have a smart aleck streak a mile wide, but this
makes me crack up everytime!

My daughter's 6 month old female Angel who came home as a tiny baby early
February has grown into a short (can't say small) but very, very plump
little lady.  She is soft and fluffy, loves to gives kisses, but most of
all, loves to chase anything that moves.  At the dollar store we came
across a cat teaser toy, type with a stick and something dangling off the
end.  This happened to have a fleecy kind of octopus looking thing.  We
popped off the eyes so she did not swallow one and let the fun begin.

It drives her up a wall when these things come out.  She likes to grab
stuff and hide everything under the one side of the desk.  Well, the joy
(for me and anyone watching) is to use these cat teaser toys with her.  Get
one to wiggle or hop across the floor and Angel will tear after it, pounce
on it, bite it, shake it once or twice and then race back to under the desk
with it.  During her race, out pops teaser number two (different color)
waiting for her after she emerges from under the desk.  She repeats her
hunt and retrieve show.  And while depositing teaser two, we pull out
teaser one.  This repeats for several minutes, until Angel final stands
there looking around, grabs the one out, drags it halfway through the tube
on the floor, shakes it some more and then backs out with it.  Believing at
this point it is really dead, she appears smug after leaving it under the
desk.  To her dismay, there is another one in the middle of the floor.
AFter killing this one, they both come back after her.  By this point, she
is trying to carry both and giving the evil eye to the other ferrets.

Okay, this might be more amusement for the humans than her, but I about pee
myself everytime we do this.  And yes, I eventually allow her to keep her
prizes until the next game and reward her for such wonderful hunting
skills!!

Hugs to all,

Jen and Gang