From:
Mustang Charlie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 18:24:54 -0800
Irinia...

There is not a ferret season, per se, but we here in Reno know that July and
August are 2 of the hottest months of the year..temps many times in the high
90's or 100's.  The last thing anyone wants to do is ship ferrets in that
kind of heat, so....there is going to be a shortage!  Same holds true when
our temps drop into the teens and lower..too cold to be shipping ferts,
so..shortages occur again.

Fortunately (SP??) The more reputable stores in the Reno area do not raise
their prices when ferts become scarce!

And, as I am an unofficial pet store ambassador from our area..these are the
3 stores in the Reno area I recommend if you are interested in acquiring a
ferret:

Pets R Us..............702 747-8400
Pettin' Place..........702 323-3348
Pets Unlimited.........702 329-1752

Always call before you drive up from California..just to make sure they have
ferrets in stock and perhaps, have the sex and color you are looking for.

If it is winter, you can always get first hand road reports about I-80 over
the summit!

Joe