Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 2010 11:57:21 -0800
To refresh we have a ferret named Sprout who is 4 years old.

His symptoms were on and off loose stools, an infection in his
digestive tract (all one type of spore forming bacterial rods - now
cleared up), and increasing aggression over the last several months
toward one ferret (not the others).

We noticed he looked a lot thinner and we weighed him and found he
was 6 1/2 - 8 ounces lighter than normal. He also had an area in his
abdomen that was painful to him.

He had exploratory surgery and this is what was found
1) A small marble sized cyst on the cranial head of the pancrease (not
   consistent with insulinoma tumors/masses).
2) Another smaller cyst on his mesentary
3) Left adreanal gland was enlarged
4) Blood work showed low protein and Albumin

We don't think this can account for his weight loss unless the cyst was
causing pain and he wasn't eating much, maybe, possibly (not a strong
possibility).

We are waiting on the results of the biopsies to see but I'm wondering
if it could be lymphoma.

Has anyone had similar symptoms?

Sprout is back home now recuperating from surgery.

Thanks

Mike