From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 01:31:21 -0700
3 deaths in 2 months...

Shawns Dad at the end of October
My mom December 21st
Rocky.....December 24th...

Rocky...3 years old...lost his quick battle with adrenal....

He had surgery about 3 1/2 weeks ago and did ok..but never recovered....
he started losing weight and sleeping all of the time.  Went back in
and was put on meds to help with any infection and also increase his
appitiete... While I was away with my mom and family he got worse.
Shawn tried helping but on December 24th when I woke up to feed him
and get ready to go with my dad to the funeral home to sign all of
the paperwork.... Rocky couldn't eat... he was so pale and fraile.  He
could barely move his mouth....

Rushed to the vet.  She told us that it looked like his right adrenal
already grew back large and there was another mass near it.  We could
rush him to Tucson and see what the vets in the city would say....

We decided not to.  He was suffering and after watching my mom suffer I
couldn't do it again.  He went peacefully in Shawns arms.... I was there
next to him but couldn't hold him... I held my mom just 3 days prior as
her life slipped away... I couldn't do it again...

The vet opened him up afterwards to find the r. adrenal large and
tumors on his liver.  She took biopsies and send them out.  I know what
happened... The cancer spread when they opened him up...that is why he
bled out right after surgery...

Rocky was my bed buddy.  He was our mascot and my baby.  he would give
kisses forever and loved to be tickled...

I am so numb...

I can't reply back to emails right now... please forgive me... I just
can't.

The service for my mom is Sunday and I have a lot of things to do to
prepare for it...and I still have to write the obitiuary for her....

I am so very lost ......

I will be back in time.  forgive me for not being here and for all that
is going on with everyone... right now I cannot keep up....

Sandee...please help my mom Ruby and Rocky...  Rocky loved Cherrios...

Joanne
Ferret Corner Shelter
www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz