From:
Phyllis Elledge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:29:10 -0400
Come on, we're not all crazy.  I'm not a ferret "expert" but even I know
that keeping over 250 animals locked in cages, in a small confined place,
with little or no food, water or medical care, let alone time to get out
and move around and play, makes for a deplorable situation.

And the ferrets "got sick" in transport?  I never knew that insulinoma,
adrenal disease, filth, starvation & dehydration, visible tumors,
atrophied muscles, etc.  could be caused by moving animals to a new
location more suitable to life.  And as for the new condo and truck, was
any of the money that was donated for the "care" of these poor creatures
put toward either of these items?  If I had donated any money to your
"shelter" I think I would be asking to see the books to see where my
money had gone.

The fine ($500) that was levied against you is nothing but a joke!!!  Over
$10,000 has been spent saving the lives of these poor ferrets and I think
you should have to pay some of this back to the shelters, Vets and others
that rescued the animals from a life of abuse.  You should never be
entrusted with the care of ANY animal ever again ... not even a turtle!!!
Every animal shelter and pet store in the country should have your name
and picture along with a warning about how you mistreat animals.

And as for the FML wanting the Utah Ferrets, yes, they did want them.
They wanted to save these tiny souls from a life of pain and drudgery.
It is you that should be put in a cage in a small airless room with very
little food or water, no medical care and no human contact.  And you
should be put there for the rest of your natural life so that you can
experience first hand the pure hell that you put all of these ferrets
through.

I pray for the six ferrets left in your care, hoping that they are having
a better life now than they did before the other ferrets were taken from
you.