From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:28:10 -0800
I have had my hands full up here!  Two boys came whirling across the
bridge like a tornado the other day.  After they crossed the bridge,
this mischievous pair ran right past me, dancing and tumbling past the
heather, meadows, and rice beds.  I've never had this happen before.  I
wasn't even quite sure what to do at first.  I ran after them and called
their names, "Brando, Bounder ... that is you, isn't it?" They turned and
looked at me as if I had just appeared out of thin air.  Apparently these
two had such a wonderful ride in life, they just carried it on over the
bridge as if there was no interruption.  When I told them where they
were, they just gave me a couple of impish grins and asked to see the
place.  Boy this was an odd pair!

I went to take them on a grand tour but they interupted me to ask me
where their wings and halo's were.  "Hey ... we get fancy wings don't we?
I mean that's one of the perks of being here," said Bounder.  The imp.
He had been so busy enjoying the ride in life and on the way here he
hadn't noticed that he nor his brother already had glittery wings and
soft halos above their heads.

"You already have them," replied Bubba who proudly stepped forward with
Blizzard by his side.  Bounder was too impressed with his new wings to
feel silly for not noticing them to begin with.  Big ole' Brando asked if
they could be friends and "roll" together.  Bubba had said he was there
for them to do just that.

The whole lot of us then roamed about the fields, taking in the sites,
sniffing the breeze, and snorkeling through the rice beds.  We stopped at
the reflecting pool so they could look in on home.  Brando got that silly
looking grin again, and Bounder stretched his wings and asked if he could
come back.  I made sure they both knew where the pool was, and Bubba
assured me that he would always make sure that they visited it as often
as they needed to.

Funny how two spirits connected at the hips just opened up once they got
used to it here.  I'm happy to say that they've become part of everything
here.  The pack rolls together though the fields and slumber softly in
the clouds while Bubba looks over his pack with a wink to his dad.

Sandee