From:
"Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary in Hernando, MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2012 17:34:50 -0400
Good Morning,

Life is funny sometimes....just when you think you can't go on anymore,
life reaches out to you and yanks you back in!!!

I suffered a great tragedy in my life this last month and I had taken
solace in my ferrets - I even took a short leave of absence from work
and will return next week.

The emails and phone calls began last Monday.....

Fayette County, Tennessee, authorities received a complaint from a
cable television technician who had been in a home filled with trash,
covered in filth, and animals everywhere in cages and, sadly, some
animals were dead. Out of the concern for the welfare of the two teens
and the remaining animals living in the house, the authorities served a
warrant on the home owner and found 168 suffering and dead animals in a
home of .... lets all say it together!!! .... a hoarder... sigh.

Oh, the conditions were soo awful that I cannot even begin to describe
them here. I've seen the photographs and have spoken with the AC
officials who were at the seizure with the sheriff's office. If you
would like an idea of the conditions in that hell-hole, you can find
news reporters covering the story for all of the local television news
stations and the local paper (google -168 animals rescued in Fayette
County Tennessee).

Many were saved...just in time. Including 5 ferrets! The ferret-angel
was watching over them...keeping them safe until help arrived.

Facing 168 counts of animal abuse and neglect as well as multiple
charges of child endangerment, etc etc., the owner surrendered the
animals without a custody hearing last week and I am about to leave to
pick them up from the American Humane Association who intervened on
behalf of the court and bring the ferrets to the safety of the shelter.
I will update all of you once they have been assessed for a few days.

Respectfully submitted,
Maren E. Qualls
Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary
Hernando, MS