From:
"J. Matthew Saunders" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:51:19 -0500
Dear Collective,

Yesterday, before going to work I had the fuzzbeans out as usual for a
morning frolick.  Well, after playing for a while, P.B. decided to take a
nap under the couch.  Sherlock kept playing and finally was confined to the
cage for scratching too much. I went to the computer room to check email
and then headed off to work.

I forgot that P.B. was out.

At lunch, about 1 pm, I suddenly realised what I had done--told my wife to
order for me, and drove home.  There P.B. is, looking all innocent standing
in the computer room.  I surveyed the situation...hmmm, nothing chewed....a
few things knocked on the floor.....a land-mine left in a corner by the
wine rack.  Happy that nothing else seemed amiss, I put P.B. in the cage and
headed back to lunch.

When I checked my email last night, the first thing that I noticed was that
the on-line "Macintosh Users Guide" was up.  Second thing I notice is that
it is active in the section that explains how to change the name of icons--
including the hard drive.  Third thing I notice is that my hard-drive is
now named "====" instead of "Bosch".

Turns out my little fella was reading up on how to use the 'puter.  Kinda
scares me.

Cheers!
Matthew in Virginia
www.dogstar.org  The Arts in Technology  and