From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2010 21:19:22 -0400
Dear Sue,

When I woke this early morning it was quiet and there was a low running
mist to be seen everywhere. In these silent moments when all still, I
take the time to think about how truly beautiful life is. First we have
our life on earth, and if we are fortunate, we end up in forever homes
which are filed with safe cozy places to sleep and stash our favorite
things and yummy treats and most of all love. Everyday is filled with
being pampered and cuddled and if we feel like it, we give out kisses
which are our way of saying thank you, and we love you too.

When we leave your world and come here, we are granted life again, with
one exception, we never grow old, we never get sick, and we are always
in the presence of love no matter where we go or what we are doing.

I was lucky, I had and have both. It seems Lucy was as well, only in
her second life, she was granted the reunion we all look forward to
some day.

As I sat outside on my porch hammie, I saw figures moving in the
distance. My first though was that it was Hobbes, and no more then a
few moments after having that thought, there he was, and he was running
too. Now you have to know one thing about Hobbes, he is NOT a runner,
but more like the type, that as the Southerners say *mosey on* - so to
see him run, well I had to wonder if his tail was on fire.

He came right up to my porch and panting said, "Oh my gosh Pie, you are
not going to believe this one, or maybe you will, but it's a first for
me and I am so excited to be here for this and...."

I waited for him to take a breath and asked him to come to the point
and he did, and I have to tell you, I was equally excited as well.

Now keep in mind, normally, as greetings go, Hobbes will be my a scroll
and everything I need to know about that fuzzit is contained within. I
will then gather loved ones and go to the Bridge and greet them. This
time however, instead of a scroll, Hobbes brought with him Lucy's
hoomins with him.

I was so excited, and as the rest of the figures came through the mist,
I could see the smiling faces of Lucy's family. Hobbes was right, it
was a first, and what made this a really magical moment, was the fact
that we could talk to one and another and be understood. They told me
all about Lucy, and how much she was wanted and loved, and how sad they
were that they had to leave and come here and not knowing what would
happen to her, and hoping that what ever it was, it would be as good
a home as the one they had given her.

And it was. Lucy and her siblings may not have been able to be looked
after by the rest of her extended family, they were kind enough to find
a place where they all could be looked after, and that place happened
to be the very best ever, because it was with you.

This walk to the Bridge was unlike any other. Lucy's family carried
Hobbes and I, and we were loved and kissed and told stories about their
lives. All of them wonderful and warm and loving, and it made me miss
my mum and dad even more. Lucy's life was a good one indeed filled with
being spoiled rotten, and laughter and of course love.

When we arrived at the Bridge, the mist clung close to the ground, and
there was a silver sheen of dew to be seen on every tree, plant and
autumn bloom. It was still quiet and there were thoughts of both my
lives whirling about my head. The Bridge was equally as quiet, and the
glow that came from it, was that of the sunrise. It's early morning
rays grazing the end of the Bridge that extends to your side. As the
sun slowly rose, the Bridge became filled with a warm radiant light,
and from that place Lucy came war dancing across.

And right into the arms of her family.

There is not much more that needs to be said, Lucy does not have to
wait for a reunion with her parents, because they are here with her,
but she will continue to wait for her siblings, and she will have her
parents there waiting for them as well, and they all know that you are
going to be looking after them until then.

In Love & In Comfort,
Pie O' Pah