From:
katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2007 06:53:22 -0500
I think the Giving Tree is a great thing and I think Kris does a great
job with it. HOWEVER, a gift is just that. There is no entitlement
here. A shelter should not depend on the Giving Tree to support their
shelter, either monetarily or with "things". Yes, it's nice but it's
not your God-given right. If your ferret(s) makes it on the tree, and
if your ferret(s) gets a gift or two, good for you. If not, you're no
better, or worse, off than you were before.

I currently have 17 ferrets in my home. I run a small rescue. I believe
their best gift is having a warm, loving place to live, with plenty of
food, water, vet care, and playtime. But, mostly their greatest gift is
me and my time with them. I don't depend on others to give my ferrets
gifts, or to support my rescue. If I do get donations during the year,
I'm very grateful, but it's not something I think I'm entitled to. It
is up to me to see that the ferrets in my care have all that they need,
and when I have extra things I pass them on to other animal
organizations. It's a year-round thing; not just at Christmas.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!! I know that's politically
incorrect, but too bad. LOL

Katharine