From:
Susie Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2012 23:42:10 -0500
Dear ferret-folks; it has been Going On nearly 2 YEARS since I have
had to completely close The Ferret & Dove Sanctuary and give away the
remaining ferrets to other shelters and the remaining few doves to a
retired Avian veterinarian (whom I know for a positive and certain fact
will surely have been giving those doves the very best care! :)

and yet!, yet even after nearly 2 years since the "word" has been
going out that there is *NO* more Ferret & Dove Sanctuary in any way,
shape or form and I have it clearly in the titles of the two remaining
sites i keep up about it that the Sanctuary *IS* closed (such as here
is the "old" main page of ours, says clearly that it "Is CLOSED!"
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html
 ...even after all this time I have recently fielded several more
calls from people asking if i have any ferrets and also this note
(answer to it is first, then the enquiry, and I am going to "blank"
the enquiring person's e-mail)...((copied before I sent the note))
(oh, what a hoot...because there is the "at" in the now-blanked addy,
the mailer program blued it as a reachable address...well, it ain't! ))

The thing of it is...I AM still fielding such calls and mailings and
so in these ways I suppose i am still "serving" the ferret community.
I cannot look after any ferrets myself because i still don't have any
vehicles to get them to adequate veterinary care. I just have two old
cats hanging around who practically dig in their claws at the gateway
of the yard, refusing to leave but if need be i can walk either or both
to the vet closest to me, just half an hour's walk away who only "does"
dogs and cats (yeah one of those).

Well, to all those shelters and rescues still running and who also have
Petfinder pages, i salute you each and every one (especially having
been there and done that :) I am barely making my ends meet on my own
and cannot be of much other help THAN to render informative assistance.
And, too, my heart goes out to each of you...who care so much for those
who cannot speak for themselves.

Susie Lee

>Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 18:50:04 -0700
>From: v_____@b_______
>Subject: Ferrets
>
> Do you have any ferrets for adoption?...

The Ferret & Dove Sanctuary had to be closed, disbanded and all the
remaining ferrets were given over to other shelters in the continental
United States in the month of November 2010 after my husband and the
CEO of the Sanctuary died in October of 2010. I am unable to look after
any ferrets because have NOT had a car with which to get the animals
regular veterinary care.

I suggest you check http://www.petfinder.com and you will be much more
likely to find adoptable ferrets from that site. People adopting
animals and birds through petfinder have at the least have their animal
hospital or veterinarian independantly vouch to the Petfinder personnel
that they DO take correct medical care of the animals and birds in
their care. This is why I can confidently recommend you search for your
adoptables through that site.