From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:39:03 -0500
MF KNOWS what people are concerned about.  They have for years; they also
have made some improvements in response to those concerns.  For instance,
your note that DF was told that some retirees are adopted out.  Well,
heck, that was furthered years ago due to folks here, including one
concerned shelter person, though it sure could go further still.  The
young holiday shipments got stopped ages ago because folks here brought
it to the attention of MF in a business-like fashion.  The list can go
on for an entire post BUT there is no reason to AGAIN go over the list
of what has been listened to and accomplished already; why bore those
folks who have themselves created progress and opened doors, or those who
have read it before and actually paid attention?  It's been said often
enough -- including recently.

MF is a business, for some of the changes that we want to happen we need:
1. To get ALL of the large farms to make them (and a new route to that
has been invented recently *IF* the people who talk are also willing to
walk-the-walk, and carry the survey to other farms as well).

2. To find ways to make them affordable; it's easy to think that someone
else has never-empty wallets, but it sure is not reality.  Have to be
REAL about this to get anywhere past just talk.

3.  To know when comments come from competitors or others with
questionable intent

For folks who haven't yet done anything for progress it's often too danged
easy to gripe while seeming too danged hard to actually do some of the
work involved.  Want progress?  Work for it!  Aggitating isn't working;
it's the same easy hamster wheel, 'round and 'round.  Words are cheap
while action gets things done.  Extending the shelter and transport
availability for retirees if possible, and surveying all the large farms
since if they all claim the same high-grounds on some issues there is
a platform for change are a couple of ideas have come out that need
volunteers to have any degree of progress, so folks can STOP griping and
START working.  The survey idea is intriguing.

I am among those who already do as many pro-ferret things as I can manage,
and know that others are in that position, too.  There are many more who
are not.  Volunteers are needed, so speak up publicly to coordinate with
those folks who got the ball rolling.

Danielle wrote:
>Sukie has repeatedly suggested I focus on all farms.  I plan to, but most
>of my experiences have been with MF.  It would not be fair for me to state
>otherwise.  I wont make stuff up about other farms just to "equalize" the
>efforts.  I don't doubt that other farms are just as bad or worse.  I just
>believe that changes at MF (the largest distributor) will be the best
>example of what one can accomplish.  If anyone would be willing to start
>compiling information and reports on the other farms (Triple F and Path
>Valley as well as a few in Canada I know of) that would be great!
>
>Heather is right, I cannot do all of this by myself, but I have started
>the ball rolling and I plan to implement change.  Are you ready to take
>action?

Some types of progress can be made ONLY if all of the farms are involved,
so its time for folks who have said that they want changes to let their
work reflect their words.